Monday, June 8, 2009

Ahhhh....relaxation....the kids are sleeping and I opted not to have the tv on tonight....
just me & the laptop.

So, the store is coming along. We (not that I am physically doing anything yet, LOL) got 2 coats of primer up....dad came in on his own on Friday to finish that up. It changed the whole store to a somewhat cheerier place! Wait till the color actually goes up.



So, today my contractor tore out the boxed in bench that sat below the front window. It was about 3 feet deep and acted as a display stage, but I opted to clear that whole space out, making th whole store look larger. I'll eventually put up a glass shelf or maybe use some decorative columns to place the cake dummies on. I'll photograph that tomorrow.

The next step is to call the glass guy for a new front window. I decided on a b & w checkered floor, perhaps marble.

Meanwhile, I'm still cranking out those cakes. Here's one I did for a friend this weekend in a Moroccan theme:

OK, I have a big dummy cake to make for a chocolatier/candy shoppe tomorrow. Ooooh, what fun!! I'll definitely post those photos...

nighty nite...

love,

I





1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, golly your cakes are gorgeous!! must be exciting starting your own shop...